Broccoli, Onion & Cheese Spring Frittata Wedges
• 2 small yellow onion sliced extremely thin
• 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
• 1 /2 head broccoli chopped
• 4 large eggs with an additional 8 egg whites
• 1/4 cup of milk (I use milk in my frittatas and water in my omelet; it gives omelet’s a lighter texture.)
• 6 slices of very thin sliced American cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• ground pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoon light butter
• cooking spray
1.) Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees.
2.) Over medium-low heats add butter to a non-stick oven safe cooking pan.
3.) Once warm, mix in onions; and cook until just starting to brown.
4.) Add in broccoli and garlic and continue cooking until all is tender. Sprinkled on salt and Ground pepper.
5.) In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs & milk.
6.) Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and let cook until the edges start to brown.
7.) Place cheese slices on top of frittata and place in oven.
8.) Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until center seems set and cheese is fully melted.
9.) Once warm, slice into wedges and serve!
*A pizza cutter is a great way to get uniform pieces and get an even cut
*Run a spatula around the edges of the pan and underneath to loosen when serving.