Good guac should really be a requirement for any backyard party, whether it’s taking on a Mexican flare or sticking with tried-and-true burgers. I don’t think I need to explain why.
Golden Pear Café Guacamole
Yield: Enough for 4-6 Guests
2 medium-large Avocados (Ripe)
1 tbsp. and 1 tsp. White Onion
1 tbsp. Jalapeño (fine dice)
1 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
2 tsp. Cholula Original Hot Sauce
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 large Plum Tomato (ripe, seeded and large chop).
3 tsp. Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce
1 sprig Cilantro leaves
1. In large granite pestle, add the onions and jalapeño. Using the mortar, gently mash the onion and jalapeno into a wet paste.
2. Carefully slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon the avocado meat into the pestle.
3. Using 2 knives, cross-slice the avocado into large chunks.
4. Add the lime juice, cilantro, Cholula Original Hot Sauce, salt and pepper. Using a large spoon, gently turn all the ingredients to combine thoroughly.
5. Top guacamole with diced tomatoes, sprinkles of Cholula Green Pepper Sauce and Cilantro leaves.
6. Serve with organic blue and yellow tortilla chips.