Back in the 80s my father introduced me to “Peanut Butter Noodles” and I never looked back. What is it about the twirly Chinese Pasta with a creamy coating of Peanut Butter Sauce. I know….it’s just plain delicious!! Here we have my version of this lovely authentic treat. Care to know the best part? It gets even tastier the next day chilled in the fridge! YUM!
• 8 ounces lo mein noodles (If you cannot find in your specialty store use spaghetti)
• 1/4 cup smooth reduced-fat peanut butter
• 2 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (more to taste if you desire)
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• crushed peanuts for garnish
1.) Cook noodles according to directions. (Rinse with ice cold water to stop the cooking process and keep them firm)
2.) Toss the noodles with the sesame oil to keep them from sticking and in a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, honey, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
3.) Add the sauce to the drained noodles while still warm and mix all together until thoroughly coated.
4.) Garnish with peanuts and remaining green onion.