Guide to Recovering From a Cheat Weekend

We’ve all had the weekends where we splurge, eating more than we intend or indulging in the tastiest guilty pleasures thinking, “I’ll start eating healthy on Monday.” My philosophy is never to be too hard on yourself, because I like to use a little bit of indulgence to motivate myself to eat healthier.
Related Content
First, stay hydrated with water. This will keep you more full and decrease the amount of food you eat during your weekend. Second, I’ll always try to add another 15 minutes to my gym routine once or twice the following week. No need to overdo it if you plan to eat well throughout the following week. Finally, I recommend replacing any carbs in your normal breakfast with something like plain yogurt with a low sugar fruit like raspberries. Remember that if you eat healthy 80 percent of the time, you can indulge reasonably the other 20 percent.
dr. uruj kamal

dr. uruj kamal

Dr. Uruj Kamal is a second year resident in Psychiatry at Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine. A Stony Brook native, she enjoys combining her knowledge of mental health and awareness with her passion for health, fitness and beauty. In her spare time, enjoys fashion, kayaking on West Meadow Beach, and creating westernized-Asian recipes.