Long Island carnivores rejoiced when Del Frisco’s Grille Huntington, sister restaurant to popular New York City steakhouse, opened in Walt Whitman Shops this summer. Bring the sweet potato casserole, which your niece might be delighted to learn is a favorite of Taylor Swift, to the dinner table this Thanksgiving. Spiked with Jack Daniels bourbon and topped with homemade candied pecan oatmeal crumble, this cold-weather comfort food is an ideal accompaniment for traditional Thanksgiving feasts.
Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Oatmeal Crumble Recipe
Courtesy of Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House New York
Serves 2-4 people
6 Sweet Potatoes
¼ cup Jack Daniels
¼ lb Brown Sugar
¼ lb Unsalted Butter
¾ tbsp Maple Flavoring
¼ tbsp Vanilla Flavoring
1 tsp Salt, Iodized
Pecan Oat Crumble Topping
½ lb Butter, Unsalted
½ lb Brown Sugar
¾ cup Pecans, Medium Ground
1 cup Quaker Old Fashion Oats
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1. Roast potatoes in their skins in a 350⁰ oven until fully cooked
2. Remove skin and place potatoes into a stainless steel bowl.
3. Combine remaining ingredients and mash with a wire whisk until smooth consistency.
4. Place the sweet potato mixture into a casserole of choice and top with pecan oatmeal topping.
5. Bake casserole for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven then remove the casserole and let stand for six minutes for topping to set.