After the recent announcement that Gilmore Girls, the Amy Sherman-Palladino show focusing on the relationship between a mom and daughter in the fictional small town of Stars Hollow, was going to be revived on Netflix (expect four episodes, each focused on a different season over the course of one year), former fans truly rejoiced.
I started wondering: Why are we so incredibly happy about this all? The answer I came up with: the show made life look hard but delicious, tough yet simple, heartbreaking but mesmerizing–all at the same time.
1. The Internet is Not Life. Get Over it.
2. If You’re Going to Make a Bad Decision, Make Sure it’s a Cool One
3. There’s Only One Way to Wallow
4. Mornings Suck for Everyone
5. Sometimes, People Need an Extra Clue
6. Actual Books Are Irreplaceable
7. Denial is Basically a Condition of Humanity
8. Common Hatred is a Symptom of Love
9. Never Think You’re the Only One at Home on a Friday
10. Sometimes… You Just Had to be There
11. Coffee. Is. Life.
12. First Dates Suck
13. Chivalry Isn’t Dead
14. Always Ask for What You Want
15. Always be on the Lookout
16. Treasure Mom. Treasure Your Kid.