Executive Chef Ryan Keough has developed a five course tasting menu incorporating the unique flavors of the iconic truffle – known as the “diamond of the kitchen” and one of the most desirable gourmet foods throughout the world – expertly paired with world class wines.
New to this season’s Truffle Festival menu, guests will also have the option to add rare white truffles to any dish. The ultimate truffle experience, the white truffles are imported from Italy and feature an intense smell and earthy flavor that will elevate any pasta, risotto, salad or meat. Limited availability, market price. The full menu includes:
• Soft Polenta – Pecorino tartufo, black truffle, quail egg. Paired with 2014 Gavi, San Matteo Piedmont.
• Seared Sea Scallop – Truffle turnip purée, truffle brown butter sauce. Paired with a 2012 Arneis, Ceretto Piedmont.
• Short Rib Casarecce – Fresh casarecce pasta, braised short rib, ricotta salata, black truffle. Paired with a 2012 Dolcetto d’alba, Mascarello Piedmont.
• Flat Iron Steak – Roasted tomato, truffle porcini demi, truffle butter. Paired with a 2012 Barbaresco, Villadoria Piedmont.
• Dark Chocolate Tartlet – Amarena cherries, orange crème, truffle whipped cream, candied brittle. Paired with a Port, Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Tawny.
The tasting menu is available for $55 per person, or $75 including wine pairings (white truffles are an additional cost, available for market price). Menu items are also available a la carte. For more information or to make reservations, visit www.SpuntinoWineBar.com.