According to the most recent Ponemon Study, the Healthcare industry is the next main target for cyber attacks. In fact, the study concluded that 90% of firms in this industry were hit by a cyber-attack in the past two years and that the average cost of a data breach for a health care organization is $2.1 million.
These statistics are startling and taking over headlines in the news:
“90% of Healthcare Firms Hit by Cyber Attack According to Ponemon”
“Health Sector Data Breaches on the Rise”
“Experts warn 2015 could be Year of the Health Care Hack”
Healthcare is a highly regulated industry with significant exposures that require innovative, proactive risk solutions. Join leading global insurance brokerage HUB International, the legal specialists at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, along with a panel of industry experts to discuss the legal and logistical issues that arise from a cyber breach and how to protect your business with cyber liability insurance, the fastest growing coverage in the industry according to The New York Times.
During this seminar we will address:
• Recent data breach enforcement actions and investigations of HIPAA regulated entities.
• Associated costs to investigate, respond and remediate a data breach.
• The coming wave of new regulations and laws concerning data security measures that apply to HIPAA regulated entities.
• Best practices to mitigate federal and state regulatory liability, as well as economic exposure.
• Types of insurance coverage currently available.
• Data breach response planning – best practices.
• Preventing the data breach – key features of a cyber risk assessment.
• Common and emerging cyber exposures/digital threats.
• Overview of Digital Forensics.
• Public Relations practices to protect reputational harm during or following an investigation.
To RSVP: http://bit.ly/1Hd1mKf