Special guest Ilaria Petitto, winemaker at Donnachiara Winery, a family-owned boutique winery in Montefalcione, Campania, will provide tasting notes as guests sample their way through a five-course tapas-style tasting menu. For five generations, the Donnachiara family has operated a business in the Irpina region relying on their values and experience in quality wine. The full menu includes:
• Wild Mushroom Bruschetta – Mushroom ragu, fontina cheese and truffle oil. Paired with 2016 Falanghina Beneventano IGT.
• Polpo Frito – Cripsy octopus, tomato panzanella, carrot purée and chives. Paired with 2015 Fiano Di Avellino DOCG.
• Seared Flounder– Eggplant caponata, tomato jam and golden raisins. Paired with 2016 Greco Di Tufo DOCG.
• Grilled Lamb Rack – Truffle pea purée and a balsamic demi glaze. Paired with 2012 Taurasi Riserva DOCG.
• Rogue River Smoked Bleu Cheese – Caramelized onions and cinnamon candied walnuts. Paired with 2014 Aglianico Irpinia DOC.
Tickets for the Donnachiara Wine Dinner are $79 per person and can be purchased online by visiting http://spuntinowinebar.com/donnachiara-wine-dinner/