Tapas to Host Famille Hugel Wine Dinner
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2016 | 7PM
The dinner will highlight wines produced by Famile Hugel, founded in 1639 and still run by the family today. Based in the Alsace region of France, Famille Hugel’s estates – where the grapes are always hand-picked – are exclusively planted with the noble Alsace grape varieties, and the vineyards have an average age of 35 years. Guests will be served a five-course menu developed by Executive Chef Ryan Keough, to complement the flavor of each wine pairing. The full menu includes:
• CURED ARCTIC CHAR – Crushed black pepper, crème fraiche, pickled fennel and pomegranate seeds.
o WINE PAIRING: 2014 Hugel Gentil
• SEARED SALMON BELLY– Roasted vine ripe cherry tomato, fresh herbed vinaigrette.
o WINE PAIRING: 2014 Riesling
• CRISPY OCTOPUS– Lacinato kale, borlotti beans, grapefruit zest.
o WINE PAIRING: 2014 Pinot Blanc
• BRAISED PORK SHOULDER – White turnips, crispy sprout leaves, chives.
o WINE PAIRING: 2012 Pinot Noir
• CHERRY CRÈME TARTLET – Brandied cherries, orange crème, candied brittle.
o WINE PAIRING: 2006 Gewurztraminer Vendange Tardive
Tickets for the Famille Hugel Wine Dinner, which has limited seating, can be purchased in advance for a cost of $55/person by visiting http://spuntinowinebar.com/famille-hugel-wine-dinner-westbury/.