Executive Chef Ryan Keough has teamed up with Long Island-based Barrier Brewing Co. to create an exciting five-course tasting menu paired perfectly with a selection of Barrier year-round and special-release beers. Why a beer dinner at a wine bar? Barrier Brewing Co. personifies the creative style and local spirit that inspires Chef Keough and his team’s culinary vision.
The Barrier Beer Dinner will take place at the restaurant’s Garden City location in The Gallery at Westbury Plaza on Thursday, March 22 at 7:00pm. The full menu includes:
• Roasted Tomato Bruschetta – Oven-roasted tomatoes, ricotta cheese, crispy Prosciutto di Parma.
o Paired with Barrier Simple (California Common Ale) – Crisp ale with caramel malts and light toffee sweetness.
• New York Strip Loin Tartare – Shaved fennel, Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic pearls, chips.
o Paired with Non Cents (Pale Ale) – Hazy orange with light hop bitterness.
• Spring Asparagus Salad – Poached farm egg, blue crab meat, thyme aioli, candied bacon.
o Paired with Suite (New England IPA) – Features Mosaic, Tahoma, Eukanot and Idaho-7 hops that have a slight hazy yellow color with a juicy bitterness.
• IPA-Braised Pork Butt – Creamy parsnip purée, balsamic barbecue, crispy basil.
o Paired with Secure the Bag (American Double/Imperial IPA – a collaboration with Other Half Brewery) – Pale, crystal, chocolate and roasted malts with flaked oats to create a deeply malted and uncommon silky stout.
• Pear Tartlet – Caramelized Bartlett, pear, vanilla gelato, rhubarb syrup.
o Paired with Earth (American Brown Ale) – Clear amber in color with hints of coffee beans and nutty hazelnuts. Light bitterness around the sweetness from the malts.