Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas, specializing in small plates that put modern twists on Italian classics and world class wines, invites guests to enjoy its Wölffer Estate Wine Dinner at its location in The Gallery at Westbury Plaza in Garden City, NY on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m. The dinner will feature special guest, Roman Roth, Wölffer Estate Vineyards winemaker and partner.
Executive Chef Ryan Keough has developed a five course tasting menu paired with wines from Wölffer Estate Vineyards – founded in 1988 on eastern Long Island. While meticulously managing fifty-five pristine acres of land, Roman Roth also uses traditional wine making techniques while always having an eye toward innovation. His goals are to make elegant wines that are food friendly and built for longevity. The full menu includes:
• Blue Point Oyster – Smoked rose, rose mignonette, cucumber relish. Paired with 2015 Wölffer Estate Rosé.
• New York Strip Loin Tartare – Baby arugula, shaved fennel, Parmigiano Reggiano. Paired with 2014 Wölffer Estate Chardonnay.
• Pepper-Seared Montauk Fluke– Beetroot purée, spring herb vinaigrette, potato crisp. Paired with 2013 Wölffer Estate Cabarnet Franc.
• Red Wine Braised Beef Rib – Grilled spring onion, garnet yam, cherry tomatoes. Paired with 2011 The Grapes of Roth Merlot.
• Pear Tart – Caramelized Bartlett pear, vanilla gelato, mint leaf. Paired with 2013 Wölffer Estate “Diosa” Late Harvest.