The Local Harvest menu celebrates local and seasonal ingredients served at the peak of freshness and supports local harvest and community farms throughout New Jersey and New York, including Goffle Farm Poultry, Satur Farms, Crescent Duck Farms, Antonio Mozzarella, Hepworth Farms, Norwich Meadow Farms, Blue Ribbon Fish and various farms in the Jersey Fresh Program.
The full three-course Local Harvest menu, which includes red and white wine pairings to complement the flavors of each dish, includes:
• Local Tuscan Kale Salad – Long Island duck confit, roasted baby carrots, pomegranate vinaigrette.
• Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Home-made gnocchi, roasted butternut squash, tomato, sage and brown butter.
• Local Caught Swordfish – Caponata, late season tomato coulis.
Wine pairings, which are typically only offered by the bottle but are available by the glass for the Local Harvest, include:
• Der Pollerhof Gruner Veltiner – An exotic alternative to Sauvignon Blanc with primary fruit flavors of lime, lemon and grapefruit and a hint of white pepper.
• Argiola’s ‘Coastera’ Cannonau – Flavors of very ripe strawberries, black cherries, herbs and spices. Deep color and fullness on the palate. French oak barriques provide rounded tannins and flavors of vanilla.
The tasting menu is available for $30 per person (not including wine pairings), and menu items are also available a la carte. The full menu and link to make reservations are available at www.SpuntinoWineBar.com.